Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, a basic practitioner in Cheshire, England, and the creator of three books, together with “Statin Nation,” has made it his mission so as to add some stability to the widespread fear-mongering that happens by the hands of the well being care foyer and media.
“In a world the place the reality might be, actually, turned the other way up, how will you know what to imagine, and who to imagine?” he asks. His weblog makes an attempt to “dig down to seek out the that means behind the headlines,” and considered one of his current posts centered on COVID-19 and the “unimaginable issues” — some may name them lies — which can be being propagated in its identify.1
High Eight COVID Lies
Kendrick’s publish takes goal at widespread COVID-themed disinformation, highlighting six prime inconsistencies. I’ve added two extra as properly.
1. No Such Factor as Herd Immunity — Besides From Vaccines — Herd immunity happens when sufficient folks purchase immunity to an infectious illness such that it may possibly now not unfold extensively in the neighborhood. When the quantity inclined is low sufficient to stop epidemic development, herd immunity is alleged to have been reached. Previous to the introduction of vaccines, all herd immunity was achieved through publicity to and restoration from an infectious illness.
Ultimately, as vaccination turned widespread, the idea of herd immunity advanced to incorporate not solely the naturally acquired immunity that comes from prior sickness but additionally the momentary vaccine-acquired immunity that may happen after vaccination.
Within the case of COVID-19, nonetheless, we’ve been informed that the thought of pure herd immunity to COVID-19 just isn’t achievable — and even contemplating that it could possibly be is “lethal and harmful.”2 But, a curious factor occurred. When vaccines turned accessible, the thought of vaccine-induced herd immunity to COVID-19 turned widespread. In line with Kendrick:3
“First, I used to be informed that making an attempt to create herd immunity was not achievable. It will even be extraordinarily harmful and would inevitably lead to many tons of of 1000’s of extra deaths.
Then the vaccines arrived at fantastical pace and I used to be informed that mass vaccination, by creating herd immunity, could be the issue that will enable us to overcome COVID19 and return to regular life. I’m not fully positive which of these items is unimaginable, however considered one of them should be.”
2. Vaccines Induce ‘Stronger and Longer Lasting Immunity’ — In February 2021, The HuffPost reported that the COVID-19 vaccine would “induce stronger and longer lasting immunity” than the immunity induced by pure an infection.4 Nevertheless, an internist with particular pursuits in vaccine-induced sicknesses, Dr. Meryl Nass, suggests the protection the COVID vaccine provides will be inferior to that acquired through pure an infection:
“Nobody is aware of how lengthy immunity lasts, if in reality the vaccines do present some extent of immunity … For each recognized vaccine, the immunity it gives is much less sturdy and long-lasting than the immunity obtained from having had the an infection.
Individuals who have had Covid actually haven’t any enterprise getting vaccinated — they get all the chance and not one of the profit.”
Within the U.S., the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention advises individuals who have beforehand been contaminated with COVID-19 to nonetheless get vaccinated, despite the fact that trials counsel there’s no benefit in this population. A CDC report additionally incorrectly cited the vaccine’s effectiveness for these beforehand contaminated, prompting one congressman to say they’re “mendacity.”
In a high-profile report issued by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 15 scientists said that the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine had “constant excessive efficacy” of 92% or extra amongst folks with proof of earlier SARS-CoV-2 an infection.5
However in accordance to Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky, “That sentence is mistaken. There is no such thing as a efficacy demonstrated within the Pfizer trial amongst members with proof of earlier SARS-CoV-2 infections and truly there is no proof within the Moderna trial both.”6 Kendrick provides:7
“I additionally know that vaccinations can solely ever actually create an attenuated response. Whereas a full-blown an infection triggers a full-blown immune response.
So, I believe it’s fairly near unimaginable that vaccination can present higher safety than that from getting the precise illness. Which is why I believe it is totally bonkers we are literally vaccinating individuals who have circulating antibodies of their blood.”
3. Common Masks Use Is Important to Cease COVID-19 — It’s been touted that face masks are important to stopping the unfold of COVID-19 and will save 130,000 lives within the U.S. alone.8 However in 2019, the World Well being Group analyzed 10 randomized managed trials and concluded, “there was no proof that facemasks are efficient in decreasing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”9
Just one randomized managed trial has been carried out on mask usage and COVID-19 transmission, and it discovered masks didn’t statistically considerably scale back the incidence of an infection.10
“By no means has a trial been subjected to such instant and hostile reporting. Truth-checkers (whoever precisely they is perhaps, or what understanding they’ve of medical analysis) instantly attacked it,” Kendrick famous, including:11
“Sure, we now have now entered a world when political reality checkers be happy to assault and contradict the findings of scientific papers, utilizing such scientific phrases as ‘Largely false’ … Ignoring the modern-day Spanish Inquisition, and their ill-informed criticisms, I’ll merely name this examine.
Extra proof that face masks don’t work. Maybe somebody will come together with a examine proving that face masks work. To this point … nada. One other unimaginable factor.”
4. COVID-19 Loss of life Statistics — The optimistic reverse transcription polymerase chain response (RT-PCR) tests for COVID-19 are plagued with issues, considered one of which is that they aren’t designed for use as diagnostic instruments as they can not distinguish between inactive (noninfectious) viruses and “stay” or reproductive ones.12
In case you have a nonreproductive virus in your physique, you’ll not get sick from it and also you can’t unfold it to others. Additional, many if not most laboratories amplify the RNA collected far too many instances, which leads to wholesome folks testing “optimistic.” These false optimistic exams, in flip, can contribute to the variety of folks dying “with” COVID-19, however not truly dying “of” the illness.
“[W]e have the very unusual idea that any loss of life inside twenty-eight days of a optimistic COVID19 swab is recorded as a COVID19 loss of life,” Kendrick mentioned, explaining:13
“You can have a optimistic swab lengthy after you’ve got been contaminated — and recovered. There are just a few bits of virus up your nostril that may be magnified, by means of the wonders of the PCR check, right into a optimistic consequence.
Which implies that an aged individual, contaminated months in the past, might be admitted to hospital for any purpose by any means. The they will have a optimistic swab — everyone seems to be swabbed. Then they will die, from no matter it was they had been admitted for within the first place. Then, they are going to be recorded as a COVID19 loss of life.
In reality, that is simply the beginning of unimaginable issues in relation to the quantity of COVID19 deaths. Don’t get me began on PCR cycle numbers, and false positives. We’d be right here all day.”
5. The Swedish COVID-19 Response Was a Catastrophe — Sweden dealt with the pandemic otherwise than many of the globe, and has been chided for its looser restrictions and lack of extreme lockdowns. In October 2020, TIME referred to as the Swedish COVID-19 response a “catastrophe,”14 however Kendrick cites information displaying that the loss of life fee in Sweden in 2020 was proper according to different years — nothing out of the bizarre.15
When Kendrick in contrast the variety of deaths in Sweden in 2012 — considered one of their highest loss of life statistics — to 2020, the distinction between absolute loss of life fee in 2012 and 2020 is 0.012%.
“That’s 120 additional deaths per million of the inhabitants, which is 1,224 folks in a inhabitants of 10.2 million. The statistics inform us that twelve thousand folks died from COVID19 in Sweden. Perhaps you may make all that add up. Frankly, I discover it unimaginable.”16
6. Lockdowns Have Labored — Accessible information reveal lockdowns have been utterly ineffective at decreasing optimistic check charges, whereas extracting an enormous value when it comes to human struggling and societal well being.
Utilizing information from the Worldometer,17 Kendrick compiled a listing of the international locations with the best fee of COVID-19, primarily based on deaths per million of the inhabitants. Each nation on the listing, which included the U.Ok., Italy, the U.S., Spain, Mexico and others, had “pretty strict” lockdowns.
4 international locations which were criticized for not having strict lockdowns — Sweden, Japan, Belarus and Nicaragua — didn’t make the listing, and have a median loss of life fee of 391 per million. In distinction, the highest 20 “lockdown” international locations have an common loss of life fee of 1,520 per million. In line with Kendrick:18
“But though this proof is on the market, I’m being requested to imagine that lockdowns work. At the very least the WHO agrees with me on this unimaginable factor.
As Dr. David Nabarro, the WHO particular envoy on COVID19 mentioned, ‘We actually do attraction to all world leaders, cease utilizing lockdown as your major methodology of management. Lockdowns have only one consequence that you should by no means ever belittle, and that is making poor folks an terrible lot poorer.’19”
7. Asymptomatic Spreaders Are Driving the Pandemic — The reasoning given for lockdowns, masks and social distancing is to cease the unfold of illness amongst people who find themselves asymptomatic. It’s frequent sense to remain dwelling in the event you’re sick and exhibiting signs, however for individuals who really feel wholesome, the establishment of lockdowns to stop asymptomatic unfold is unprecedented.
But, throughout a June 8, 2020, press briefing, Maria Van Kerkhove, the World Well being Group’s technical lead for the COVID-19 pandemic, made it very clear that asymptomatic transmission is very rare, that means a person who exams optimistic however doesn’t exhibit signs is very unlikely to transmit stay virus to others.
A examine in Nature Communications additionally discovered “there was no proof of transmission from asymptomatic optimistic individuals to traced shut contacts.”20 After they additional examined asymptomatic sufferers for antibodies, they found that 190 of the 300, or 63.3%, had truly had a “scorching” or productive an infection ensuing within the manufacturing of antibodies. Nonetheless, none of their contacts had been contaminated.21
8. The Virus Didn’t Come From a Lab Accident — Regardless of the full absence of a plausible zoonotic origin theory, WHO’s investigative fee, tasked with figuring out the origin of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has formally cleared the Wuhan Institute of Virology and two different biosafety stage 4 laboratories in Wuhan of wrongdoing, saying these labs had nothing to do with the COVID-19 outbreak.22
The WHO investigation was riddled with conflicts of interest from the beginning, and no credible principle for pure zoonotic spillover has been offered thus far. Nevertheless, there are no less than 4 distinct lab origin theories, together with the serial passage principle, which proposes the virus was created by serial passaging by means of an animal host or cell tradition, in addition to proof for genetic manipulation.23
Chances are you’ll be questioning, if there’s a lot proof pointing towards a lab origin, why are main well being authorities and scientists dismissing all of it and insisting SARS-CoV-2 is a pure prevalence, mysterious because it is perhaps?
Ought to the COVID-19 pandemic be formally acknowledged as the results of a lab accident, the world is perhaps pressured to take a chilly laborious have a look at gain-of-function research that permits for the creation of those new pathogens. The top consequence would ideally be the banning of such analysis worldwide, with important monetary repercussions, the ending of prestigious careers in that realm and potential legal prices for these concerned as properly.
In the face of misinformation and manipulation, what you are able to do now could be preserve your eyes open and your ears tuned to the science, so that you don’t fall sufferer to the pointless panic and concern, or the elevated surveillance and control, that’s being created.